VGA Splitter

What type of video card do you and what type of inputs does your TV support?

I'm not sure what you use your computer for, but if you aren't an extreme gamer you could get an video card with duel outputs. Many Video cards support an S-video output or another DVI/VGA output. From there your computer will see it as another monitor and you can adjust your screen resolution/settings to your liking.
 
I have a dell inspiron 530. Will any video card fit my computer? Or is there a way I can tell if its compatible?

I'm a rookie and haven't ever installed a video card before...
 
It looks like this should be the manual for you desktop. It also has the steps to add a card to your system, but I'm sure we can help you as well.


With that in mind you should have no problem finding a cheap older card to put in your PCI express 16 slot... Assuming you aren't using it currently. Do you have any add on cards in your computer currently? What about your TV, What types of inputs does it accept?
 
Last edited:
No you will most likely have to go in the bios and disable the on board adapter. The adapter I sent you has duel output along with the one you found on amazon. If you are looking at the one I found on newegg it has one VGA and one DVI, however I comes with a DVI to VGA converter.
 
I'm going to buy the one you recommended. Are they fairly easy to install? You said something about disabling the bios...I'm not really sure what that means. :eek:
 
Back
Top