vibrating monitor image

at times my monitors image will vibrate... and it's a fairly cool day today ... could it be overheating ? bah i've only had this monitor for a yr

tboski123

dude, this has been a problem i have seen posted here recently, including myself. i am almost positive it is a power problem as far as when big power items such as your heater for the house turns on. i have no solution because i have tried different outlets on different breakers without result, but i thought i'd let you know your not alone with this vibrating crap. also, this happens with my high end card (x800 pro) that you need to plug in to your pc's power supply, but it does not happen with my low end card (gforce4 mx440 128mb) which does not hook up to the ps. i'm stumped????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZER0X

VIP Member
anappledaily said:
at times my monitors image will vibrate... and it's a fairly cool day today ... could it be overheating ? bah i've only had this monitor for a yr

Monitors can Vibrate because there Old, which in your case it isn't. It also happens because of anysort of magnets near the monitor like "Speakers" but that would also cause the screen to be magnatised which you will see a colour on the screen, whic you jsut use degauze:confused: also try checking the cord, eg (Plugged in Properlly, the cords not dusty or something)

tboski123

sorry, not to get too far off the subject, but i use a crt going through the vga. would the vibrating stop using a flat panel through the dvi? just wondering? i'm looking for anything to make it stop.

computerdude2004

Is your monitor and computer plugged into a surge protector. Surge protectors should help make sure your monitor has a steady flow of electricity and not too much and not enough. When large devices turn on in your home they surge the electricity.

It might stop if you switch from VGA, but most likely not. Make sure that your video card has the latest drivers.

Kristjan

i dont think that old monitors vibrate more.. i use a 1998 Hanzol Mazellan 501P... picture quality is just perfect... only a little bit dark. but that is monitor type problem... and to get vibrant free image i think refresh rate should be 80+.

tboski123

i have no idea how to change refresh rate. can someone fill me in? please? oh, and yes i am in a surge protector.

computerdude2004

Make sure your monitor and video card can handle a higher refresh rate. We have four monitors in this house and all have a refresh rate of 50 to 70. None get a flashing or vibrating image.

tboski123

i tried changing my refresh rate and no luck! maybe my surge protector sux or is faulty? i will try another one. but like i said before, my low end card does not do this, but my x800 pro does and i think it is because it gets connected to the 4pin power connector and the crap card is just powered by the agp slot itself. i don't know, but i'm trying!

computerdude2004

Like I said before, I don't think you are going to be able to change your refresh rate. You monitor is set to handle a certain refresh rate, most likely, and once you go out of that rate it will either get a black image or reset the refresh rate to what it thinks is a good rate.