Video Artifact (i5 Sandy Bridge)

raoul_1101

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the appropriate place- but I am getting a couple video artifacts using the integrated graphics on my i5 Sandy Bridge (As seen here). On a resolution of 1920x1200, I get two artifacts (two horizontal lines of messed up image). This is not a stuck line of pixels, and the monitor works perfectly on another computer. In fact, on all other resolutions, I have no problems; only on the native 1920x1200 do I see problems. Does the CPU not handle that high of resolution?
I have not tried different drivers, because, quite frankly, I don't know where to find them.

Any ideas?

jamesd1981

the description says it`s capable of full hd 1080p over hdmi, and all the videos i have watched sandybridge onboard graphics have been reall good, how have you got it connected to the monitor ? vga, dvi, hdmi ?

jamesd1981

are you able to get a loan of an hdmi screen, if yours doesn`t have hdmi and try connecting with hdmi and see if that clears the distortion ?

raoul_1101

I'll try to find a screen with HDMI. My only screen at this point that does- it's HDMI port doesn't work. Thanks, I'll look into it.

tossy

I have experience with using HVI, It working fine with me, I have not faced any problem using this.