Video call in sunshine

AOMN

Hello

If I Skype outside and especially in sunshine, everything the other can see is just a white screen.So I wanted to ask, if it is possible in anyway to make a video call outside without having everything turning white on the cam?

Thanks

Justin

VIP Member
Most likely the sun is behind you whilst you're on Skype. Your webcam is overexposing since there isn't any light hitting you.

To fix this, face the other way 'round. :p

AOMN

Actually the sun is mostly on me:), but I tried both on none of it seems to work unfortunately

speedyink

VIP Member
Sounds like it's on low light mode or something. Usually the cameras can properly adjust themselves for bright light. In fact they work better in the sun than in a dim room.

AOMN

Sounds like it's on low light mode or something. Usually the cameras can properly adjust themselves for bright light. In fact they work better in the sun than in a dim room.

I tried to change the settings of light, contrast and all sorts of stuff, but the screen remains totally white. But you're saying then that it's not really normal what I experience?

speedyink

VIP Member
I tried to change the settings of light, contrast and all sorts of stuff, but the screen remains totally white. But you're saying then that it's not really normal what I experience?

No, I've used the crappy little camera on my EEEPC outside and it worked great. The cameras like the extra light, bumps up the framerate and the color balance becomes more natural.

AOMN

No, I've used the crappy little camera on my EEEPC outside and it worked great. The cameras like the extra light, bumps up the framerate and the color balance becomes more natural.

Hmmm that's strange. Maybe I just got a really shitty webcam, but indoor it works great. Guess I just have to live with it or buy an EEEPC :D