Video card crashed, need replacement.

trlfecta

I was playing a game of League of Legends the other day when at the end of the game my monitor blacked out which I assumed my video card crashed. Happened once before but worked perfectly again after a restart, when I restarted my computer this time my main monitor would not turn on while all the video was getting displayed on my secondary monitor.

Here is my set-up I built about a year ago.

Giagbyte H55M-S2H Intel H55 Socket LGA1156 motherboard
Intel Core i3-530 2.93Ghz 4M LGA1156 CPU
OCZ 4GB DDR3 PC3-10666 Platinum RAM
Ultra LS500 500W ATX power supply

BFG GeForce 9800 GT 1GB powering a 30" monitor (crashed)
Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS powering a 20.1" monitor (still working)

When idling the 9800GT card temp. would be around 66 degrees but when playing LOL full screen on my 30" it would jump up to 100 degrees .

When I purchased the 9800GT I only checked if it could run 2560*1600 resolution and not if it could run demanding games. I most likely need a new card now that can handle demaninding games played on a 30" monitor. Any help would be much appreciated.

trlfecta

Nothing to crazy, I would say $250 being the high side for a new card. I just need something that gets the job done, I don't play a ton of games but when I do I would enjoy if it didn't overheat and crash.

For the PSU, are you saying that's the cause of the problem or just down the road I might run into issues.

jonnyp11

he's saying it is a low quality one that may cause problems if not causing the current one, supprised it can power both of those.

look for say a corsair cx600 power supply and a radeon hd6870, that will be able to power both monitors actually, so you can sell the other one, but if you'd like to get some really high settings then upgrade to either the GTX560ti or the HD6950

trlfecta

After this crash happened nothing would display when I hooked a monitor up to the 9800GT (3 hours after). I just tested it again now and it seems to be working fine so it looks like the card is not fried but I wont being trying to play any games on it for now.

So I am assuming now its a PSU issue or overheating because once it hits 100 degrees its guaranteed to crash happened 3x already.