Video Card help

AnimeDude

My computer has the PCI-Ex16 slot. I plan on getting either the Geforce GT 240 or the Geforce GTX 750 Ti. The latter is way better than the first, but if it does not fit, I'll chose the former instead.

Geforce GT 240 = PCI-E 2.0

Geforce GT GTX 750 Ti = PCI Express 3.0

So which one will fit?

SpringWater

My computer has the PCI-Ex16 slot. I plan on getting either the Geforce GT 240 or the Geforce GTX 750 Ti. The latter is way better than the first, but if it does not fit, I'll chose the former instead.

Geforce GT 240 = PCI-E 2.0

Geforce GT GTX 750 Ti = PCI Express 3.0

So which one will fit?

The type of the pci express slot doesn't mean one won't fit as long as the slot is x16. The 2.0 or 3.0 indicates the speed of the port. Both pcie 2.0 x16 and pcie 3.0 x16 can support all pcie cards on the market. I would say definitely get the 750ti if you are to choose, the gt240 is a horrendous card nowdays, you I would be suprised if you could play any modern games.

The only limiting factor determining whether the card will fit or not is the physical length of the card and size of your case. If the card is too long / too high / etc... it might not fit simply because your case might not have enough room. Oh, and your card has to be pcie to fit in a pcie slot, but since about year 2004 all cards are pcie so, I wouldn't worry about that :)

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
No, get a Corsair CX 430.

Why you would even consider the GT 240 is beyond me.

SpringWater

You're the only one that can really tell. You have to take a ruller and measure the area around the pcie slot. Length and height matter, the width should be good since this is not a slim pc case. Then you take the measurements you have obtained and compare them to the measurements of the gtx 750ti you have found. If the measurements allow it, yes it will fit.

Darren

Staff member
Seriously. I've told you this. You need a new power supply plain and simple. Problem is that case has a weird for factor and getting a replacement power supply won't be easy since almost all power supplies for sale are standard ATX and your computer case won't fit those.

Also you need a low profile card. Unless you found a low profile 750 TI (I looked and couldn't find any for sale) then it obviously won't fit. Also judging by looking at your case you won't be able to fit any kind of card that is two slots wide.

It sucks but you really shouldn't spend any money on that machine. You can only fit a low profile and single slot video card, which severely limits any upgrade you could get and also you need a new PSU regardless of what you get, which is going to be hard to find and expensive since it's not a standard size. If you want, measure the dimensions of the power supply and see what you come up with.

acerAX3400U2022open.jpg

spirit

Staff member
I agree! As said, not worth the time and trouble upgrading. Might as well just buy a new system.

Darren

Staff member
Yeah I saw that Galaxy made one but it has two problems. One it's really hard to find, and two the cooler in it would hit the side of the case since the PCI-E slot is the one closest to the edge of the case. Would only be able to fit a single slot card.