Video Card Lacks Punch On Racing Games!?!?!

Teletubby

For some reason, my video card will run games like tomb raider legend on almost full graphics settings...but can barely run old racing games like nfs underground 2 with low graphics and 800 x 600 resolution lol! Anybody know a fix for this? Im thinking of getting an artic cooling silencer for my nvidia geforce 6200 TC...then overclocking it to a good high level. P.S. its only racing/driving games where it lags...I dont have a clue why.

speedyink

VIP Member
I find the need for speed games lag a lot more than they should, especially since the graphics aren't that great.

Geoff

VIP Member
I find the need for speed games lag a lot more than they should, especially since the graphics aren't that great.

I agree. I played NFSU/2 and the game looks pretty bad actually, but I'm not able to run it on that high of settings. NFSMW is a bit better, but even when i had my A64 I couldn't play it maxed out.

Teletubby

I was thinking it was more along the line that racing games had higher frame rates, and that my video card find it hard to do frame rates that high...Im probably wrong though lol

The_Other_One

VIP Member
There's a problem with most all Need For Speed games. I know it lags a bit on my machine(Most Wanted) but I can run other games just fine. Try some other racing game, I'm sure it'd run fine.

Jet

VIP Member
On my computer I can max out the settings at 1024x1280 and still have very decent framerates (at stock clocks on the graphics card). It makes sense that it wouldn't be to fast on your 6200TC, even with the lowered settings. By the way, don't bother about an NV Silencer for the card. The fan is almost worth the same as the graphics card itself :)

Teletubby

wow seriously??? I thought it was like at least 100$ I bought my PC from future shop :p They said it was a good video card, but I guess it wasn't.

Ku-sama

banned
runs fine on my computer at maxx settings, it hangs some, for like a split second, mainly RIGHT before i corner... but thats okay with me... someone tell me a good video hosting site thats free and fast

r0k0

i get min 90 max 200fps which mine even if it bottleneck and on my AMD system i never got lower than 45fps with all max 1152x864 thats vsync off and the rest all at max motion blur on and all :p

JSquier

I'm assuming that 6200 is an AGP? If so, you can get a better card for like $130. But you probably will still have that same problem since I'm sure it is in the game itself. We could all be wrong though ;)