video card learning

lincsman

Hi there, I am a certified computer technician, and I keep trying to learn. I think it's about time I gain an in-depth understanding of video cards. Anything technical I can learn, great. I obviously know what clock speed, DDR5 VRAM and stuff like that are, I also know what shaders do in general. However, I don't really understand how the clock speed specifically affects the video card, and what all of the technical specs really mean. I will be researching it, but maybe on here it will help me learn as well. I'm tired of reading specs of video cards and not knowing what they all mean, so if anyone who is a fair bit of an expert could help me learn, that would be awesome. I have a general idea, but the in-depth understanding of it all would be cool. I really wish this was covered in the class I took, but I guess that in working on computers it hasn't been necessary. However this is my weak point and I want to learn. Thank you very much, and I of course would only benefit from knowledgeable people, but others might read this and learn, so might as well fire away your knowledge! This is your time to show off what you know!

Thanks, and I hope this brings on some insightful conversation that many can read and learn from.