Video Card Problems

Foodang

Member
Okay, so I've got an Emachines T3656 specs http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883114062 and I've had this ATI Radeon X1050 128mb GFX card on it for like 2 years... I bought the card in like 2006. Now its giving me some trouble. All the drivers are updated and its installed properly. Now what happens is ill be playing a game like World of Warcraft or CS:S and my pc will freeze and shut down. And it wont turn on until i take the card out of the PC (it took me forever to figure that 1 out...) and use the integrated video. Than it loads up, and the next day I put the card back in and it boots up fine. It recognizes the card and all. Then i play a game and same thing occurs again. Im guessing it might be either too little ram, or my power supply cant take it? Idk please help me out.
 
it says that you need a 300 watt or greater power supply for that card which i imagine the computer has the ram wouldnt be the prob that pc has 1gb and that is above the minimum specs for that graphics card
it sounds like the card could be overheating does it work fine until you start to play games? have you ever overclocked the card?
 
I had the same issue with an XFX 7900GS.

Currently being RMA'd.

I would say if it's not a heat issue, then the card is probably bad.
 
it says that you need a 300 watt or greater power supply for that card which i imagine the computer has the ram wouldnt be the prob that pc has 1gb and that is above the minimum specs for that graphics card
it sounds like the card could be overheating does it work fine until you start to play games? have you ever overclocked the card?

yea it works fine when i load up a game then about 10-20min in it usually crashes. and i tried playing the games with my onboard and it doesnt crash, but the games really aren't too playable with the onboard.
 
Back
Top