video card speed

travisg96

What is the connection between the speed of the graphics processor and the size of the card? eg. 1 mb, 2 mb. I am looking for a card to play games with and want the fastest I can get but the only differentiation I find between cards is the buffer size. How do I determine if the processor is actually faster.

beers

Staff member
VRAM can be misleading as you can see low end cards with large amounts of slow RAM.

Usually you'd compare what GPU core it has and per model (such as 1080/1070, RX480, etc).

mistersprinkles

What is the connection between the speed of the graphics processor and the size of the card? eg. 1 mb, 2 mb. I am looking for a card to play games with and want the fastest I can get but the only differentiation I find between cards is the buffer size. How do I determine if the processor is actually faster.

Definitely not benchmarks on google... Sigh... if only we'd had a world wide network where you can find the sum of human knowledge take off in the 90s and continuously develop into the hub of everyone's existance in modern times. I'm sure such a place would have the information you seek.

Deadpool

Not benchmarks? What's wrong with them? Measuring real world performance just using specs is almost impossible, knowing that architecture has such an important role and there is no mathematical way (or any way really) to measure it. It's like measuring a CPUs performance just by the number of cores and speed. By that definition the 8350 should be the best CPU available.

Deadpool

Should you really call yourself Deadpool if you don't understand sarcasm? :p

Dude you sounded so serious! Oh wait, I can´t hear your tone! No seriously I didn´t fully understand the second part of the sentence. I actually though you thought all the stuff on the Internet was crap. My bad :)