video compression software

iffy

Please advise on the following issue.

I regularly make videos of properties in my camera phone. The videos are inventories. Very recently I made a 2 minute video on my sony xperia t and file was about 1 gb! This obviously not practical, so can you suggest how to compress the video files? In total I usually make a ten minute video and then burn to disc, which gets handed to tenants.

Crystal Hou

change video saving formats

sometimes video saving formats can be the cause of that. maybe you can try save your video into another file, such as 3GP, RMVB or WMV

jamesd1981

You could try using programs like any video converter to convert the video to different formats and also to resize the video etc.

Also check your camera settings to see what resolution you are recording in the lower the resolution the smaller the end file will be, so try to find a balance of quality and resolution.

Geoff

VIP Member
I prefer HandBrake, it's a free open source program that allows you to convert and reduce the size of videos.

iffy

Thank you to all members who have helped in resolve this issue. I found Handbrake to be very effective.