Video Files Not Working

Gprime

Everytime I try and play a video file on my computer it will slow down and I have to restart my computer...now this isn't just for files that are on my computer its happens when I try and play a video from the Net...now I'm using WMP and I've tryed other ones and the same thing will happen..I would really like it if someone could help me...cuz I have 63gigs of video files that I would love to use.

computerhakk

VIP Member
what kinds of files are you trying to play? theres been problems with .avi extensions.. what are the extensions of the files you are trying to play

OS Dragon

at then end of it.. or right click>properties
huh. Gprime...Just go to the file and right-click on it. It should definately tell you what type of file it is.
BTW...If it your arn't using WMP then, this is a pretty shrewd idea but are you trying to run at quicktime file? Are there any error messages?

OS Dragon

Then the file is most likely to be corrupt. I mean, if your computer is in working condition and you can't get this file to run on whatever program then it must be corrupt or there something wrong with the file.
Can you get another more reliable copy of it? It might work :)

Gprime

well I know whats wrong with my files now...it truns out that when I updated my video card the new drivers did something...cuz I was messing around with the drivers today and I put the old ones back on and now the video files are working.

Gprime

okay but the thing is now I need to find old video drivers..and I'm having a hell of a time finding some...anyone know of a good site.?