Video freezes when playing in Firefox.

chrislo

I had issues with Firefox for the past few months. When I would go to play video off of YouTube and other websites that have streaming video (Not all but most) the video would freeze but the audio would keep playing. Sometimes if I minimize then maximize the Firefox windows a few times the video might play, other times if I keep moving the mouse the video will continue to play. I have looked around and couldn't find a solution to my issue. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Firefox, Flash and all the Flash plug ins then did a total reinstall but it didn't solve the issue.

To get video to work 100% I have to use Internet Explorer and the video playback always works in it. If I cannot find an answer I am just going to move all my links to Internet Explorer and uninstall Firefox but I wanted to see if the issued can be fixed before taking such action. Thanks.

chrislo

Thanks for the suggestion John. It's sad because I never had this issue before with Firefox so I figured it was something that could be repaired.