Video lag

jOHN753

Hello guys.
I use Mozillla Firefox and every time I watch video on 720HD or higher video lag.
Audio still going but picture lag...
I don't know what to do.
Any help?

_Pete_

Is this video that you are streaming from the internet? If it is are you sure your internet connection is up to the job?

_Pete_

I see you say that you use Mozilla so I am assuming that this is internet video. So I would say that it is, possibly, due to your internet speed. I would check that first. When I get video lag my first action is to reboot my routers. that usually sorts it out but it could be caused by malware or a virus. I would run any anti-virus and anti-malware programs you have and delete anything they pick up.

_Pete_

Okay so those suggestions that I made would the first things that I would do to try to resolve that issue. The other thing I would check is if you are using wireless to connect to your router then try connecting via a cable and see if that resosves your issue.

_Pete_

So have you tried the suggestions that I put forward? Especially the one about connecting to your router via an ethernet cable if you are using wireless.

jOHN753

I tried, it is the same.
Video on youtube on 480p work fine, but when I put on 720HD it started lagging.
Any idea, I will takee it everything

Agent Smith

Just for the hell of it. In stall this addon that will render the video in HTML5 instead of CPU hog Flash and tell me if this fixes it. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-all-html5/?src=search

Remember that YouTube All HTML5 has a 720 setting.

I use it because Flash has been a PITA for me, and since I don't keep cookies I can't log into YouTube and keep the HTML5 option on. You could do that too if you keep cookies on browser exit. If you don't keep cookies on browser exit then use the addon.

jOHN753

Speed is around 10 Mpbs.
Agent Smith, I install that and sometimes lag, sometimes not
So is that because of Flash Player?

Last edited: