"Virtual Memory too Low"

hungarian_boss

This only comes up when I have multiple windows opened on the Internet, or if I'm running multiple programs. Small programs like Windows Media Player, Limewire etc.

What causes this and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

easyshare123

I had that problem on my computer when i was running at 512mb but upgradeing to 1024mb (1gb) sorted it out and it runs alot smoother,

DAN

alchemist83

This only comes up when I have multiple windows opened on the Internet, or if I'm running multiple programs. Small programs like Windows Media Player, Limewire etc.

What causes this and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Virtual memory too low shows when all the available memory from your RAM and paging file is full.

You need to increase the paging file size. To do this:

Find your "My Computer" icon either on your desktop / or startup menu.
Right click it
Choose "properties" at the bottom of the menu
Next choose the "Advanced" tab
Your'll see: Performance, User Profiles and Startup And Recovery Headers.

Under the Performance Header, click the "Settings" button
Another menu will show
Choose the "Advanced" tab
Now at the bottom of the menu your'll see the Virtual Memory header, underneath is written "A paging file is an area on the Hard disk that Windows uses as if it were RAM.

Underneath that it'll show the amount current allocated for the "Total paging file size for all drives", for example 700mb.
Next to that is a button labelled "Change"
Clicking will allow you to see the min & max size the paging can be, a recommended size and all the options to change and set this size.
For example you can let Windows manage the size of it.
Or you can put in your own sizes.

Take a look and see wot it currently is.
Generally, depending on your install though, the recommended size will be 765mb.
If your worried about messing with windows, then the best option is to choose "System Managed Size" then pressing "Set" - doing this will let windows choose its size.