Virtual steering wheal

Zorak

Hi, I am looking for a specific piece of software, that I actually don't know, if it exists. Anyway, even uncle Google came with no suitable answers.

I am looking for virtual (software based) steering wheel with H-system for shifting. And I need my windows, and application running on it to be able detect this virtualised steering wheel as an actual device.

I don't need many functionalities, I need it just to be detected with that H-system for shifting (that is important)

For testing purposes. I do not want to buy quite an expensive device for few tests.

So, any ideas?

Thanks a lot :)

Laquer Head

So you want a device that possibly doesn't exist, and if it does - it needs to have very specific compatibility, and then, to cap it off - its just for 'testing' so you don't want to pay money for it??

I have a few ideas for you - but your not going to like what I suggest...

Zorak

Everybody knows Hamachi, or VirtualBox, theese applications can make virtual hardware, especially network card. So I wonder, if application, which makes virtual device like steering wheel... if it does exist, I am asking for suggestion. If not, well, fine , what can I do ...

Agent Smith

Just use one of these if you can't afford a steering wheel. https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940...ie=UTF8&qid=1479636053&sr=8-3&keywords=joypad

I use one for Flight Simulator actually. Yet I have pedals and a yoke that I haven't hooked up yet. Mostly due to me not wanting to remove the bezel from my desk and messing with it right now. I can crab with the joy pad with no issues. :D

What is crabbing you ask?

This is crabbing!

Wow!

Last edited:

Zorak

Thanks for your effort (really :) ), but that is not what I am looking for, this one I have found too. I need fully virtualized device. Just application, whcih is on its own act like H-shifter interface for windows. Not an app which makes someting with some other device to act like different device.

But, it seems nothing like that really exists, so ... its ok, I'll find another solution, anyway, again, thanks :)

beers

Staff member
It sounds like ppjoy should be able to do what you want.

There's nothing magical about an h shifter, each shift point is simply an on/off button no different from any other gamepad button. You can emulate a clutch with either a button or single axis input.