Virus changed my default web page in Google Chrome

John The Same

Hello people!
Well, some virus changed my default web page in the 'Google Chrome' (see screenshots). Also, when I open the 'Google Chrome' first time after I switch on my PC it closes the browser automatically after few seconds. Next, I open the 'Google Chrome' again to work, but it doesn't happen the second time. How to clear the 'Google Chrome' of viruses? Thank you!

Attachments

• Changed default web page .jpg
    Changed default web page .jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Google default page .jpg
    Google default page .jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 2

John The Same

P.S. When I open the 'Google Chrome' the second time, that virus doesn't close the browser again and I can work. I meant this.

John The Same

Download and run Malwarebytes. Should fix you right up.

Thanks! It found 125 viruses! :eek:
Standard the Windows 10 antivirus didn't see them at all. :rolleyes:
It's strange, but that virus still be there into my browser after scanning with the Malwarebytes... :rolleyes:
Some ideas what can it be? :rolleyes:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Just go into Chrome and change your homepage. Did you quarantine everything it found?

John The Same

Just go into Chrome and change your homepage. Did you quarantine everything it found?
Of course, I quarantined all of them. So, this virus opens a webpage with different advertisement from time to time and the 'Malwarebytes' blocks that pages now, but it doesn't change a problem in base. It still open, suddenly. I checked out a default home page in the 'Google Chrome' browser settings and it shows me that my home page is https://www.google.com/, but it isn't so.

Attachments

• Default home page .jpg
    Default home page .jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Check the extensions that are enabled and remove any that you don't know. Also download and run ccleaner.

John The Same

Check the extensions that are enabled and remove any that you don't know. Also download and run ccleaner.
It's okay. Thank you for your help!
By the way, it was hijacker as NewTab.club. the Malwarebytes and the CCleaner didn't see it too, because hijacker hides itself as another program into settings of PC. Only the Hitman PRO found it among other viruses into my operating system the Windows 10. In my case, I removed this hijacker from my browser by restoring settings of Google Chrome to their original defaults. :D
You can read this article about this virus with more details about it https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-newtab-club-virus/

Attachments

• hjjgaa.jpg
    hjjgaa.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 3

John The Same

Oh, no! I am wrong! I understood it only two seconds ago! :eek:
That virus which I marked by an arrow isn't hijacker...:(
Anyway, when I restored settings of Google Chrome to their original defaults, it helped me. :D
If you have this virus some time, try this way. It works 100%
Thank you.