Virus Failure "Infected"

Hyper-Threaded

I was looking at google images and click one and went to a webpage that tried to copy the my computer page in XP, And it said Microsoft security and "This computer is infected" And it had red bars under all the drives "scanning" for viruses. And it was coming up with "Infected programs" that were Win32 and other system components. And if you looked in the address bar it said you were at some random website. FAIL I feel bad if someone clicked "kill virus" and wrecked there computer.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I get infections like that on customer's machines all the time. You'd be surprised how many people fall for it.

And when you surf with the right protection (Firefox and AdBlock Plus) you don't even come across those hardly ever.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
An unbelieveable amount of people fall for this. I work for a supposedly "tech-smart" company and I've had to clean viruses aquired from fake virus scanners from peoples machines here (just people I work with, I'm not desktop support :p)

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
They're just pop-ups. You have to do a decent amount of clicking for you to actually have it install.