Virus Stuff

cohen

OK - Do this:

Please do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner

Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.
  • The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
  • After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer.
  • This will start the program and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
  • Now, click on the Save Report as button.
  • In the drop down box labeled Files of type change the type to Text file.
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

Then gamemaster can post the avenger instructions on how to delete the files found infected in this log, (if that is OK, gamemaster)

GameMaster

Please run the Panda scan ( from the previous page ). Kaspersky lasts longer and doesn't delete the found files. I prefer Panda, and I believe I will be the one to suggest an Avenger fix once the scan is over.

Kesava

the virus or at least 1 of them, is constantly trying to change the registry hahaha. spybot is constantly flooding windows everywhere about how it has stopped stuff

Kesava

15%

anyway its a long story but basically the power will cut off in 10 minutes so its not gonna finish in time. ill be back on in like 2 and a half hours...
i am thinking i might reformat.

panda has found 7 vunerabilities but no infections or anything...

GameMaster

15% and you want to see an infection? Calm down.

If the power cuts off, can you continue the scan or do you need to start another one?
Lol, that's the question I should have the answer for. But I never ran Panda.

Kesava

this is what it said about the vunerablities

;***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
ANALYSIS: 2008-07-17 14:22:45
PROTECTIONS: 1
MALWARE: 0
SUSPECTS: 0
;***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
PROTECTIONS
Description Version Active Updated
;===================================================================================================================================================================================
Windows Defender 1.1.3704.0 No No
;===================================================================================================================================================================================
MALWARE
Id Description Type Active Severity Disinfectable Disinfected Location
SUSPECTS
Sent Location 7���X�� s5�
VULNERABILITIES
Id Severity Description 7���X�� s5�
184379 MEDIUM MS08-001 7���X�� s5�
182048 HIGH MS07-069 7���X�� s5�
182043 HIGH MS07-064 7���X�� s5�
176382 HIGH MS07-057 7���X�� s5�
170906 HIGH MS07-045 7���X�� s5�
164913 HIGH MS07-033 7���X�� s5�
160623 HIGH MS07-027 7���X�� s5�

Kesava

well ill first run panda when the power is back on... but if it finds nothing then ill reformat

Kesava

so i ran spybot search and destroy... and it picked up like 5 different trojans including one that had smitfraud in teh title... so im thinking i need to do that thing to get rid of those type of infections?

i fixed them using spybot but i dont think they have actually gone away yet.
any more advice? im not gonna reformat just yet

Kesava

the panda virus scan...
i ran a few things such as smitfraud fix and stuff and managed to remove the viruses haha. but i decided that i wouldnt mind going back to xp for a bit so i reformatted anyway :)

thankyou very much for the help though