Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

magicman

VIP Member
Favorite Antivirus Software?

Personally I used to go for AVG. Now I prefer Norton.

Last edited:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Leopold Porkstacker said:
Hmm, I don’t use antivirus software. I’ve only ever had one virus, and that was back in 1991. :D :p
WOW, until now i thought I'm the only one who never used (and will never use) an antivirus software. And had no viruses since 1992... :cool:

mgoldb2

VIP Member
I use Trend Micro Pc-cillin 2002 antivirus. It has caught a number of viruses for me before it affected me. Before this I used nortons but I will never go back to norton. Pc-cillin is by far my favorite of any virus software I ever used.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Well..

AVAST! is the answer for me. I think it's an awsome antivirus with many advanced features and free for all. It's definitely very effective, updates seamlessly and automatically, sometimes more than once a day and works like a charm. I would recommend it to anyone. I am not saying however, that the rest is bad or anything. I simply would not pay for it.

If any of you are interested, look here : http://www.avast.com

JAN :D

Sebouh

i used norton and i changed to avast! but i still think norton is the best one to detect and repair an infected file or a virus.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Praetor said:
Lorand you sure about that? I know for sure ive sent you some files....
Are you sure your antivirus is working? Because I also sent you some files... :D

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Praetor said:
Lorand you sure about that? I know for sure ive sent you some files....
Lorand said:
Are you sure your antivirus is working? Because I also sent you some files...

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Forum rule #2: "Discussions which actively encourage illegal hacking/malicious harm to computers/networks is prohibited."

This type of behavior is NOT acceptable, please follow the forum rules. You have been warned.

:p LOL I couldn’t resist :p

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Lorand said:
Ban Praetor, he started it...
I will talk to admin about a 10 day ban... His average post count per day might suffer... from 41.35 to 41.34...lol

Back to antivirus software: I have used Norton Systemworks for some time now. I use almost every feature on a regular basis, except the actual antivirus scanner.. lol

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
No offense...

I still prefer a free solution such as AVAST!. It does everything I could ask for it. Never had a problem.

Maurik

i use AVAST! too its great and i let it scan while the screensaver is going - what a feature - imho AVG is aweful, its virus deletion (is that a word?) capabilities are inadecuate.....

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yeah..

I heard the same of AVG from many people. From my personal experience, I found that it always found the virus but was often unable to do anything about it. All the others I tried..I had no problems with.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
SFR said:
his type of behavior is NOT acceptable, please follow the forum rules. You have been warned.
And you should have read the rules too: Rude, offensive or threatening comments as well as posting of adult material will not be tolerated.

:D :p ... in any case, we digress