Vision

dmsee

hey guys is your vision went down when you got PC

how many hours is allowed to use computer to have a good vision?

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
If you want a good vision then don't use computers at all... :p
I'm lucky: my eyes survived (yet) 14 years of heavy computer-usage (10 hours/day on average).

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Ok i should have said up-to 20hrs a day (actually its closer to 30 per waking day now) ..used to start at 6hrs

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I don't sit in front of a CRT as long as Praetor but since I was ~3 (played alley cat) I've used a computer for at least 2 hours a day and up to 10 on holidays/days off/weekends and my vision is currently better than 20/20

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I don't sit in front of a CRT as long as Praetor but since I was ~3 (played alley cat)
Hehe did you cave into the cursed world of luxuriously crap displays? ;)

mgoldb2

VIP Member
When KOTOR came out I did not leave my computer for a week. Finally after beating it 4 times I started comming up with excuses to tell my teachers why I not been in class for a entire week :p but the point is it had no effect on my eye sight.

I used a crt for the first 9 years of me using a computer. For the pass 5 mounths I been using a 19" LCD.

Last edited:

OS Dragon

OH don't get me started, my eyes are really f**ked. I found the if you draw a dot on a piece of paper and stick it on the wall and stare/ focus on it every now and agian so that your eyes don't get too lazy and can focus things at a distance. :eek:

p4r4s1t3

My eyes are ****ed, but only because when I was aged 7, me and a friend decided to see how long we could shine a laser pen in our eyes for. 40 minutes I lasted, and now I can't see shit. Silly boy. I wear contact lenses now.

Your supposed to have a break every 1 hour and 30 minutes.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
p4r4s1t3 said:
My eyes are ****ed, but only because when I was aged 7, me and a friend decided to see how long we could shine a laser pen in our eyes for. 40 minutes I lasted, and now I can't see shit. Silly boy. I wear contact lenses now.

Your supposed to have a break every 1 hour and 30 minutes.

STUPID IS TOO MILD FOR THIS ;). Ok anywya now back to topic. I think that PCs do not cause your eyes to go messed up. It does put more strain on them without a doubt but hey....I have been using the PC for about 10 years (4 hours a day) and my eyes are totally fine. I have a friend whose eyesight did get worse after ten years of computer usage. He now needs stronger glasses to be able to see stuff on his PC. Note that he spends much more time on and plays games which are undoubtedly more eye-strain causing.

JAN :D