Vista 64-bit

wixostrix

:D My 100th Post:D

Anyway, does anyone know if Vista is gonna come with the 32-bit intallation and 64-bit on the same disc? and if u install a 64-bit version can you still run 32-bit applications without a problem?

Bobo

banned
32-bit XP and 64-bit XP are totally different, they do not come on the same disk.

I don't see any reason why they would be on the same disk, either you have a 32bit processor, or you have a 64bit processor.

Geoff

VIP Member
it should come with both because when i bought xp it came with both versions.

Thats not possible, XP x64 and the 32Bit version are on seperate discs, not the same one.

So to answer your question, you would need to decide which to get when they are released, you can't just decide to switch after you buy the OS (unless you get a new one).

computerhakk

VIP Member
From my understanding, there has been speculations that both versions will be on the same disc and the key that you purchase from Windows will determine which version is going to be installed. So basically, you need to enter the key before it actually starts installing and everything. However, since it's really not released yet, no one really knows.

wixostrix

How do you tell if your processor is 64 or 32 bit?

I guess you can look up the processor type to see if it does but by looking at it I have no idea. you have a core 2 processor so if your asking about that, you have a 64-bit processor.

kof2000

i ordered it on MSDN and it didnt say rather it is 32 or 64 bit and then it was shipped on 2 cds one version each. yeah on newegg and other stores you need to pay for each version.