Vista and Processor Speed

sooty

I have been thinking about buying a Toshiba laptop P200-1EE which has an Intel T5250 dual core processor and has Vista Home installed.

I have been told that this processor is too slow to run Vista can anyone say if this is true please?

The PC will normally be used for internet use and photographs.

sooty

I have been thinking about buying a Toshiba laptop P200-1EE which has an Intel T5250 dual core processor and has Vista Home installed.

I have been told that this processor is too slow to run Vista can anyone say if this is true please?

The PC will normally be used for internet use and photographs.

Anyone able to help with this please?

sooty

You can read Windows Vista recommended system requirements - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/systemrequirements.mspx

It will surely help you.

Thank you for that info. I shall check it out of course.

Looking at one or two other threads I get the impression that Vista isn't all it might be in terms of reliability. Is this another case of MS bringing out a product with lots of bugs built in which it then spends years issuing patches to correct?:)

The_Other_One

VIP Member
My Fujitsu has that processor and it's plenty fast for Vista. I typically run in low power mode and it does just fine. Now if you could go to XP, I'd recommend it, but the processor would do just fine. Realize processors today are much more efficient than previous ones.

sooty

My Fujitsu has that processor and it's plenty fast for Vista. I typically run in low power mode and it does just fine. Now if you could go to XP, I'd recommend it, but the processor would do just fine. Realize processors today are much more efficient than previous ones.

Thanks for your comments. :)