Vista and surround sound

grimxx

Well I install vista ultimate and I tried to enable surround sound 5.1 with my locitech x530 sound system with x-fi xtreme audio card but I still can't hear my rear speakers any help would be awsome thanx

slaphappylinksys

first find a very old driver for you sound card, uninstall the old one completely, having the very old driver on your computer install it, when finished go to update driver, and let the computer do its thing, i had the same thing when i reformated my comp. and it just wouldnt do the update driver to the right one, also did you configure the sound card for 5.1 ? may sound stupid but ive done it before.

grimxx

well I have the vista drivers installed and every thing also the drivers from the cd didn't work with vista so I just installed the ones from there website they work but when I tried to enable surround sound on the control panel it wouldn't work

Redbull{wings}

I seem to find that Creative and Vista don't play nicely. I can only get front speakers to work on Vista too(which is the only reason I don't switch over)have you tried searching Creative's forum? That's where I found the fix to get my card working at all so they might have something for you too.

azwebs

Yeah, I had this problem with my Logitech 5.1 Surround system running on Windows Vista Business. I fixed the problem by going to the manufacturers website, downloading the new driver. I uninstalled the current one from Start Orb, Control Panel, then under the Programs tab, click Uninstall a Program, and select your current audio driver from there. Install the driver you downloaded, and it should work. If not, access the device manager, and then go to the drivers tab, then update the driver.