Vista Beta 2 - What's YOUR opinion?

PC Hobbyist

I downloaded but haven't installed Vista yet. I was curious as to what opinions there are here in the forum regarding Vista - from those who have installed it and are trying it out.

It doesn't have to be long (but it can if you want). You can just write a line or two saying what you like, don't like, or what problems or bugs you have found, do you dual boot (from one or two separate hard drives) etc... etc.... It can be simple or "techy" - just whatever your opinion is based on your own experience using it.

thanks for your collective input. :)

Last edited:

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
I loved it. The aeroglass effect was sweet, and all round, it was a nice OS. I had it rnning as my main O/S. But annoyingly my new tv tuner didn't like to work with Vista so i had to go back to XP.

computerhakk

VIP Member
PC Hobbyist said:
I downloaded but haven't installed Vista yet. I was curious as to what opinions there are here in the forum regarding Vista - from those who have installed it and are trying it out.

It doesn't have to be long (but it can if you want). You can just write a line or two saying what you like, don't like, or what problems or bugs you have found, do you dual boot (from one or two separate hard drives) etc... etc.... It can be simple or "techy" - just whatever your opinion is based on your own experience using it.

thanks for your collective input. :)
Many topics regarding almost every aspect of Vista.
It'll benefit everyone if you use the search feature.
Almost every aspect of opinions about Vista most likely has been discussed already. Search for Vista Beta.

fruscai

i dont remember where i read that vista takes up a massive amount of system resources...ill stick with xp sp2 for now, thnx

Geoff

VIP Member
fruscai said:
i dont remember where i read that vista takes up a massive amount of system resources...ill stick with xp sp2 for now, thnx
It depends what settings you have enabled. When I tried it out, i had all the effects on (including aero), and it took up about 600MB of RAM, but not that much processing power. I would deffinetly recommend having at least 2GB when using Vista as a main OS, especially if you want to have the glass/3D effects.

Rambo

I'm gonna wait before I install Vista again. I had quite a few problems with is (Build 5356). It just did not like my system...

Besides, I'll probably have a new system running before Vista is out...

Verve

would it be a good idea to run it on the comp in my sig, or would it be unbearable? I just want to give it a try.

Geoff

VIP Member
Starwarsman said:
would it be a good idea to run it on the comp in my sig, or would it be unbearable? I just want to give it a try.
You could try it, but you will have to disable the aero glass effects, as well as some other 3D effects if you want to actually be able to use it.

I downloaded at my brothers and i like it alot....still has some things to be worked out though, he has a camera system and he had to go back to 64bit for it to work right....

Arm_Pit

banned
Calibretto said:
To me the beta sucks. Ya sure it looks cool but some of the features were just annoying.
then turn them off :)

I liked it alot, but I would radther have the speed of XP for now.