Vista crash!

adam98150

Im on my brothers laptop because our newly bought vista desktop just froze, its currently still in a frozen state. Im scared to just turn it off so what can i do to get it working in the correct way? Ive tried Ctrl-Alt-Delete. Anything else i can try?

Cheers, adam.

patrickv

Im on my brothers laptop because our newly bought vista desktop just froze, its currently still in a frozen state. Im scared to just turn it off so what can i do to get it working in the correct way? Ive tried Ctrl-Alt-Delete. Anything else i can try?

Cheers, adam.

dude if ctrl+alt+del don't work there's no point in leaving it on.
Reboot it and go to safemode and do a checkdisk.
This can probably be a simple problem

monica

Iv already reset it, by just pushing in the 'turn-on' button. And then turned it back on? Do you have to 'check-disk' and go into safemode? What happens if you dont?

patrickv

Iv already reset it, by just pushing in the 'turn-on' button. And then turned it back on? Do you have to 'check-disk' and go into safemode? What happens if you dont?

ur...are you the original poster,new name >:confused:
anyways, you don't need to crashes or stickies are sometimes made by software and even hardware, but most times it's software side, its good to do a checkdisk though , if it keeps on freezing :eek:

Geoff

VIP Member
You dont need to, you can just turn it off and then turn it back on again. If theres an error on the disk it will run check disk automatically and fix it.

BTW, why are you under a different user name?

dutchfarmer1

it also depends on what you are doing, i was playing games and mine crashed a veiw times, so i went out and got a bitchn g. card. make sure you desktop can handle what you want to do

monica

Thanks for the replies, ive turned it on again and its fine. Im on it right now.

[-0MEGA-];796742 said:
BTW, why are you under a different user name?

Well my mum wanted to sign up for some strange reason (her names not even Monica) :confused:, everytime i come onto the forums im automatically signed in as her. And really cant be bothered signing out. :p