vista down to xp ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You would have to boot to the xp install cd and delete the existing partitions and then repartition, format and install windows. However, its not going to be easy. You would need to find all xp drivers for your hardware first. And sometimes trying to install Xp on a vista machine can be a pain in the butt, if the laptop is using ahci and there is no way to change it in the bios. What brand and model number of laptop do you have?

whs

The very first thing you need to do is to find ALL the XP drivers for your hardware - and that is not obvious. If you are missing only one, it will not work.

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
...sometimes trying to install Xp on a vista machine can be a pain in the butt...

Wrong!Installing Windows 95 on the Windows Vista machine is a pain in the butt.:D:D:DHehe I am just kidding.:D

Anyway first find all the drivers for your hardware that are supported under the Windows XP OS and then install it.I am pretty sure that there ARE drivers of your model for the XP OS.I will try to find them and if I manage,I will let you know.Just be sure that you give us the FULL name of your computer.Is the "HP G7000 notebook" the full name or did you miss something?

EDIT 1---> Well I think I managed to find something that might help you.Here is the link:

http://www.microtext.co.uk/Installing-xp-hp-G7000-series-g7091em.html

Follow each step on that web page and you will be able to install the Windows XP.

Cheers!

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member

Hp doesn't have any XP drivers for that model. If you have an extra laptop hard drive I would put it in instead of the original hard drive and do a test install to see if you can get all drivers installed.