Vista Equivalent Movie Maker?

P373R

im new to vista
can someone quickly tell me if Vista has a equivalent to XP's Movie maker.
and roughly where to find it

Candy

Yeah it has it. Just go Start>All Programs>Windows Movie Maker. Should be above all the folders in there.

P373R

nope its not there 4 me....
i have Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
did they choose to exclude it for me?

Candy

I have Ultimate 32bit, i doubt they dropped it just for 64bit but i dont know.

Just try going to start again and in the Start Seach box down the bottom type Windows Movie Maker. It comes up for me when i do this. You have probably already tried it though.

Gooberman

I use windows movie maker and I hate it every time i add a transition to it it glitches up and won't play video.

P373R

ohh yeah its terrible, however i use Adobe CS4 premiere and it exports videos at like an expense of 2.4 GB and i want to upload to Youtube.... tonight. lol
so i was just suprised when my new Vista "Ultimate" dosn't have Windows Movie maker.
Microsoft Download Center says its in the SP2 update however im pretty sure that update was for XP.
any way i have downloaded a version from a second party site.
thanks

P373R

nope wait...lol i just tryed installing it.
said: "not suported by this platform"
obviously not vista friendly.
help?

Candy

Hmmm iv been looking on the Microsoft website and cant seem to find it for Vista, there's an update but not the original software.

Go into your C drive, then program files and look for "Movie Maker" if you dont find that then its not installed but i think it should be there.

I'll try and find a download from Microsoft though just in case you dont find it.

P373R

nah ive done the search from the start menu.
ive searched the C drive
ive searched both sets of program files: [program files and program filesx86]
and i couldnt see it on Microsoft either... :(

P373R

nah ive done the search from the start menu.
ive searched the C drive
ive searched both sets of program files: [program files and program filesx86]
and i couldnt see it on Microsoft either... :(

Candy

I cant find it anywhere. Apart from other sites like cnet but you said they didnt seem to work. Have you downloaded SP1? If you havnt try that and even if it doesnt install Movie Maker with it, its worth having anyway.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Hm it came with my vista, should be under start > all programs, at the very top with a huge cluster of other useless windows addons.