Vista-ish

alienationware

Do you guys know if there is an actual plain ol' vista.theme which just makes your task bar look like the Vista taskbar w/o having to resort to Windows Blinds or a transformation pack, or getting some hacked .dll in order for the theme to work. I don't careabout no fancy smancy glass effect, jst want my task bar not to look as boring as it is now.

Burgerbob

I dont know about that... but i got the vista theme(planning on getting the actual x64 beta) and it looks great, ive had no problems.

asdfguy

I installed it and it seemed to more than double my boot up time. The new sounds were nice, but that's about it. The sidebar was pretty dumb considering I couldn't find any programs to run in it. I uninstalled it and now my boot up time is just as long and XP doesn't have some of the files it needs to load the XP theme, Im stuck in classic. Not sure what Im gonna do yet, but thats my 2 cents.

Dr Studly

banned
alienationware said:
Do you guys know if there is an actual plain ol' vista.theme which just makes your task bar look like the Vista taskbar w/o having to resort to Windows Blinds or a transformation pack, or getting some hacked .dll in order for the theme to work. I don't careabout no fancy smancy glass effect, jst want my task bar not to look as boring as it is now.
yea... that is what i use right now... sometimes i do something funky... but im to lazy now...

here is what i use...
there are others on that site...
computerhakk said:
It could be the sidebar tool.
what sidebar tool... i must be missing something... where and what?

o and how do these people make their icons so big?????? on the desktop...

youtin

With the problems some of the people here seem to be having, I think I'm sticking to WindowBlinds. At least there's a wide variety of skins available when I get bored with what I have (usually after a couple of months or less :p)

Cbeck527

I used the vista transformation pack and when I went to uninstall,
THIS HAPPENED.......
nah7it.png

Anyone know how to fix that??

Beck

computerhakk

VIP Member
Encore4More said:
o and how do these people make their icons so big?????? on the desktop...
go into your display properties>appearance>advanced>item>icon

change the size and verticle/horizontal spacing if u make it really big.

asdfguy

Cbeck527 said:
I used the vista transformation pack and when I went to uninstall,
THIS HAPPENED.......

Anyone know how to fix that??

Beck

That happened to me too. I think something went wrong during the uninstall. I ended up deciding to reinstall XP.

Burgerbob

unmarkedcoupe said:
I installed and before i could sample it would freeze on boot scrren.So reinstalled win and not gonna use this.
I had the same problem, and i could not get past it- ended up having to spend all of today reinstalling windows and reinstalling programs. I had a couple other problems too, but i think this is what did it.

Rambo

Cbeck527, right-click it, then go to Properties:

Customize tab => Change Icon button, then select the drive Icon (it should be the 3rd one accross from the top left ;)

Cbeck527

Rambo said:
Cbeck527, right-click it, then go to Properties:

Customize tab => Change Icon button, then select the drive Icon (it should be the 3rd one accross from the top left ;)
Im sorry, but I don't see what you are talking about... (it is late so i might be wrong)
where1tw.png

computerhakk

VIP Member
Cbeck527 said:
Im sorry, but I don't see what you are talking about... (it is late so i might be wrong)
It seems like u made everything back to normal.

So an easy way for u to fix that is to download Tweak UI here:
http://www.tweakxp.com/tweakutility/

Install it, go to the last option. It's "Repair"

Then have it repair all the icons. It's called "Rebuild Icons"

The other way is to tweak/add to your registry.. which if you are interested, I can give u the info for too. But if your not familiar with your registry, it's easier to get the tool. It has many other useful benefits also.