Vista Software Compatibility

lovely?

Bitcomet, the latest one, works great, but the earlier versions are incompatible with vista, due to connection problems, as far as i can tell. i did have a small problem with age of empires three crashing, it is a bit unstable with vista, something that never happened when this rig flew the xp flag.

n3kro

AIM - Works fine but the aim theme from latest version is buggy on aero
Everquest - Has to be in compatibility mode for XP otherwise fine
Tor/Vidalia/Privoxy - Works flawlessly
Steam - Works flawlessly
mIRC - Works flawlessly
irssi - Works flawlessly
iTunes - Works flawlessly
ActivePerl 5.6 - Works flawlessly

Just a short list of programs I am running on Vista that aren't listed yet. I didn't check to see if any of these say they are compatible with Vista on their websites so sorry if it does.
The issue with aim is the only thing that bugs me, anyone else getting a buggy skin for the newest version of aim in aero?

Michael

These programs work on my machine (Vista Home Basic);

Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended Edition (works flawlessly)
DVDFab Platinum (works flawlessly)
WinRAR [latest] (works flawlessly)
Avast AntiVirus Home Edition (works flawlessly)
Creative Sync Manager (works flawlessly)
NTI CD and DVD Maker 7 (works flawlessly)

hope this helps :)

Michael

These programs work on my Vista Basic 32bit PC:

1.)(the programs I noted before)
2.) Photoshop CS2 (installed, worked great, only installed to test compatibility)
3.) DivX Player, Divx Codec and DivX Web Player(not Vista compatible, you'll need to setup the install file to compatibility XP SP2, once installed setup program compatibilty to XP SP2 - works flawlessly if you set it up this way)
4.) WD Lifeguard Tools + Utilities (works flawlessly)
5.) The Sims Double Deluxe + House Party + Unleashed (all work flawlessly, do NOT install the Double Deluxe bonus disc, it corrupts the install of all The Sims installs, including Double Deluxe)

Verve

Vista Home Premium, 32bit
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '06 - Installs and runs fine, but crashes randomly when playing (possibly a video card issue?)

patrickv

Corel Draw Essentials 3 DOES NOT work with Vista Business (or any other vista for that matter).
Install fine but crashes when starting

TMPGenc DVD author 3 (with Divx authoring) works fine

Irishwhistle

GIMP Works Flawlessly
7-Zip Works Flawlessly
Audacity Works Flawlessly
AVG Works Flawlessly
Blender Works Flawlessly
Firefox Doesn't work very well, but works,I prefer IE7 and Safari on Vista though
Safari Works Flawlessly
Jahshaka Works Flawlessly