Vista Sp1 Finaly Relesed!!!!

Kornowski

VIP Member
Wow! I best start now, it's going to take me 4 hours! :(

Intel, suck on my 30 KB/s :p

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
17 hours?! Are you on dial-up? I am impressed with exFAT, it seems quite good.

Nah, I'm with orange Internet and it's been running at like 50 KB/s for 3 weeks! :mad:

It said on the download page, it'd take 17 hours if you were on dial-up (56K) but according to Firefox, it's going to take 4 hours :rolleyes:

I wonder if it'll actually fix or do anything though!?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
im gonna wait to see what you guys say about it before i download and install.

:D

brian

VIP Member
I love downloading from MS Servers... I usually get 351KB/s

1.5 MB/s :D

600KB/s here :p

Is this thing safe to install...?
Well it is the final thing, although i did a full backup before i started... Just in case. :D

Why does it not show up in my windows updates?

well i would guess they want to roll it out slowly. it was just released a few hours ago. And if they announce it to everyone there systems would probably crash

brian

VIP Member
well i just finished installing. the install is very easy, i dont have a bsod so it is so far good, If you people want me to test something just ask i will tell you.

Kesava

wait... its only like 70 mb in windows update...

also under your link it says: DO NOT CLICK DOWNLOAD IF YOU ARE UPDATING JUST ONE COMPUTER: A smaller, more appropriate download is available on Windows Update

so doesnt that mean that everyone is downloading the wrong one? lol

brian

VIP Member
also here is the change log, i will try to poing out good facts.
http://technet2.microsoft.com/Windo...f706-401e-abb5-eec42ea0a03e1033.mspx?mfr=true

With SP1, Windows Vista will report the amount of system memory installed rather than report the amount of system memory available to the OS

Adds support for Direct3D® 10.1, an update to Direct3D 10 that extends the API to support new hardware features

Adds support for exFAT, a new file system supporting larger overall capacity and larger files, which will be used in Flash memory storage and consumer devices

SP1 addresses issues many of the most common causes of crashes and hangs in Windows Vista

Improves performance over Windows Vista’s current performance across the following scenarios:
• 25% faster when copying files locally on the same disk on the same machine
• 45% faster when copying files from a remote non-Windows Vista system to a SP1 system
• 50% faster when copying files from a remote SP1 system to a local SP1 system

Improves the effectiveness of a Windows ReadyBoost™ device in reducing the time to resume from standby and hibernate by increasing the amount of data stored in the ReadyBoost device that can be used during a resume cycle.

Adds full support for the latest IEEE draft of 802.11n wireless networking

Improves OS deployment by enabling 64-bit versions of Windows Vista to be installed from a 32-bit OS

Improves overall install time for updates by optimizing the query for installed OS updates

Users are now required to enter a password hint during the initial setup of Windows Vista SP1

The Grace Timer exploit, which attempts to reset the “grace time” limit between installation and activation to something like the year 2099 in some cases :(