Vista....Vista....Vista....

theboy

I have not heard one good thing about it yet!

I will wait until I see the first SP to come out, but its just a GUI update right?

Any real difference between 32 vs. 64?

I am glad I haven't been sucked into the media & bought this GUI update.:cool:

PC eye

banned
Ooooh welll... I have the Home Premium version 32bit version running along with both 32bit versions of XP here. Besides waiting for some updates for the Audigy sound card newer versions of some softwares will be needed. Most of the games even some older ones went right on without delay. For the Ultimate version I'll wait a little longer for either the 2nd edition or SP2 most likely to be seen.

theboy

Good info. I thought you were going to wait until you went with vista. Is that your primary OS?

PC eye

banned
I have three drives with XP Home on the primary. I did have XP Pro on the second ide drive until Vista won't install to the second and former storage partition there. I ended up having to install Vista over XP and put Pro on a new sata I bought for a storage drive. But since I multi OS ofte enough I figured I would grab one version to get more familiar with the "new Windows".

codeman0013

I have not had any problems with vista yet. I have been running the business edition since like november when it was put on the msdn account for school. I havent discovered any games or devices that do not work and its a lot faster then xp ever was on either of my machines..

fiammanera

I got a new system for Vista.:cool: Got Vista Home Premium and the system is rated a 3.5 (Currently i have integrated graphics) Everything works nice. Barly any major compatiblility issues. The "are u sure u want 2 do this" and "du u trust this source" windows are annoying.:eek:

PC eye

banned
I got a new system for Vista.:cool: Got Vista Home Premium and the system is rated a 3.5 (Currently i have integrated graphics) Everything works nice. Barly any major compatiblility issues. The "are u sure u want 2 do this" and "du u trust this source" windows are annoying.:eek:

Try unchecking the "user account control" option to see that stopped fast! It's it lovely how Microsoft simply threw in another annoying popup for this and that and.... whatever. Do you want to allow, deny, end installation? It got tiresome real fast when getting the programs installed onto the new OS. :rolleyes: typical MS as usual.

For those that got by getting their existing softwares to install just wait until you want to install something else not quite "Vista ready". Try some current video capture softwares, desktop apps, tv tuner card softwares no longer detected and no updates available. No wonder why XP is still being run as a primary OS on the primary drive here. :D Can't wait for Vista SP2 in order to run Vista's 32bit Ultimate version over the release #1 of Home Premium.

theboy

Whats the best deal on the net for vista? I might just want to run it on a secondary drive for training purposes for the folks at work.

PC eye

banned
The office work and home environments are going to be two different things there. There's the business and then the Enterprise versions to consider for prepping for office machines. And then there's the Basic(stripped of everything), Home Premium, and the Ulitimate.

For the $119 OEM price on the Premium I went that way until the SP2 or whatever comes out for the Ultimate which offers the most home user and support features. The current OEM on the Ultimate is seen at $199 or higher!

You will first have to decide which version you plan to go with. The way newegg has the OS section layed out XP is mixed with Vista as seen at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9&Submit=ENE&Manufactory=1149&SubCategory=368

The first thing you may want to do is compare what each version offers compared to the others and what it doesn't. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/choose.mspx