Vista Vs Xp. Vista Wins.

tlarkin

VIP Member
You have to realize this is a business machine running network services and the like. Xp boots up the same freaking software about twice as fast. The networking is busted, and why in the hell does it take up so many resources? I call sloppy coding on MS's behalf because Linux and OS X run smooth, fast, and responsive on machines with less or same specs as vista.

Vista runs chunky, and if I multi task or lets say have like two virtual machines running, I can say good bye to performance. On my Macbook pro I can have 3 virtual machines open and being doing terminal work and have a few office apps open and the memory management is so much better over vista.

If I boot into XP I can multi task a lot better. These are machines with the same hardware specs.

Platinum

I think when i do get Vista, I'll probably dual boot it with XP. Do you guys think vista will run fairly comfortably in my rig?

Cheers guys
salman

I think so, your specs seem pretty decent for a Vista machine. Not saying it's going to run flawlessly, but it should run.

salman

Cheers Platinum, what do you think the worst thing about my comp is, do you think its the RAm that will hold me back?

salman

K3rupt

Then it will be Fine.

Only think that will give you a reasonably bad score is your Hard Drive.

But it will run Good man!

lovely?

nothing, really, the ram could use an upgrade though. my 5400 drive with 2MB cache runs in vista perfectly fine, and i probably wouldnt even notice the difference if i changed to a faster drive

4NGU$

VIP Member
I keep hearing about all this commotion about people bagging vista. I was one of em!

I just recently Purchased Vista Ultimate Edition, And too say the least.

I Love It.

For all those out there thinking of Upgrading, I Highly Recommend it.

It has been long enough for the Drivers to be supported, so thats not much of a problem.

I am Dual Booting Vista and Xp, That is the way too do it i think.

What does everyone else think?

If you have something bad too say about it, Proof?

ok so how much are Microsoft paying you :D:D:p

daffyracers03

With the specs I have. Vista has been running very well. I've had a few problems with MCE in Vista but only needed a few codecs to fix the problem. I dual booted with XP, and barely log into XP anymore, unless i'm doing some audio video editing. I've started gaming on vista and its not bad for me. my score is a 4.9 and thats because of the video card, everything else is 5.0 and up.

I love vista and it's MCE so much, that I went out and bought a tv tuner card with the MCE remote, and now i record tv shows, organized all my movies, music, and pics. Dreamscene is pretty fun too, but I havent found a video i 'ld like to run in the background yet. Otherwise this VISTA is great!

Using as the primary OS now so that says alot to me.

lovely?

uh, buddy, i dont know how to tell ya, but shouldnt your card be much higher then mine, considering mine is an X800GTO? mine got a 5.9....

wafflez

search feature makes vista better. I got it for free.....so I don't see the point of people spending $100+ on an os just for a search feature for those who buy them.

it used to constantly use my hard drive all the time on mine but since i re-installed it it hasnt been bad at all which is wierd.

ive noticed with Vista everythings much quicker like when your installing software and stuff.

i will definatly switch to use vista as my main os when i get a new system but for now Xp is staying my main.

the only disadvantages in vista for me is

*Slower at booting (yeah my system):D
*Ati drivers are not good for my card in Vista
*System temps are higher for some reason in vista than Xp when idle
(Maybe because my rig has to work harder:D)

On my friend's Pentium D 935, it jumps on the startup, I am hoping for the same when I boot with the E6850....