Voice Software

Bigshow1030

Has anyone ever heard of a software that actually talks to you...... I have heard that you can get one that talks but you don't control what it says and stuff like that???? ? Anyone got any ideas? :)

Bigshow1030

?

I am not sure......I have heard it is like a program that lets your computer talk.....you get to choose what it says and so on......I am not talking about like being able to voice activate anything.....but like when you turn on your computer it will say " good morning" or so on. :confused:

double-dragon

Only thing I can think of is Microsoft SAM which is on the voice and speech section of the Control Panel.
Otherwise its Talking Word for you, lol. Aahh windows 3.1...:p

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
The text to speech stuff has been around for a long time now with Microsoft's Speech SDK from a hell of a long time ago :D

Bigshow1030

Interesting

I just seen a computer do it in a movie once and I was wandering if it was possible and what it was called because I wanted to get it.... I think it is neat...I mean I know the computer will not respond like a human but if it says like good morning and stuff that wouldbe pretty neat

Bigshow1030

Wow

I do believe that you are right...... So there isn't a program out there yet that is able to do what I am referring to?

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Bigshow1030 said:
So there isn't a program out there yet that is able to do what I am referring to?

I have never heard of one, but a program like that might exist. You should spend some time and research (google) it... you might find something.

bard

Easy to do this much

The sounds your computer makes when you boot into Windows, open a file, close a file and like that, are just .wav files. You could record your own .wav files, put them in the same folder and substitute them for the ones Windows provides.

I don't know how to do this on newer operating systems (I'm still running 95) but one would hope MS hasn't made it TOO much more difficult.

Is that the sort of thing you mean?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
So there isn't a program out there yet that is able to do what I am referring to?
There's tons (hell, even Acrobat can do it) and its pretty easy to write one up yourself using the MS Speech SDK :)

The sounds your computer makes when you boot into Windows, open a file, close a file and like that, are just .wav files. You could record your own .wav files, put them in the same folder and substitute them for the ones Windows provides.
Yes but those are static sounds (i.e., you can make a wav that says "hello" but if you want it to say "hi" you have to record another one as opposed to just change a line)

Xenoshane

Bigshow1030 said:
Has anyone ever heard of a software that actually talks to you...... I have heard that you can get one that talks but you don't control what it says and stuff like that???? ? Anyone got any ideas? :)

I remember i had a program about a yr ago before i reformatted called "shittalker v1.2"

you could type in anything but finetic speech worked better than the real spelling..

hope thats any good to you, its fun but maybe not ideal depends what you'r elooking for it for.