W10 "We can't sign in to your account"

ANNR

I got this message every time I turn on the computer.

everything is lost when I turn off the computer.

Please help.

Thank you

Darren

Staff member
Can you log into Microsoft's website with your account info? I'm assuming this is a Microsoft Account.

ANNR

I tried signing in with hotmail account but same message.

The local account 1st I created and everything is fine. Now it gives me this message.

I did swap out the hdd for a ssd and used the true image software came with the ssd that supports w10. I migrated everything to the ssd.

I didn’t do anything and one day the computer just restarted after a windows update I think.

Afterward the error message started showing up and I tried fix it by googling for solutions. However nothing worked

Please help

Thank you

P.S: the computer is a aio desktop with intel pentium quad core Cpu. It was slow out of the box so I swapped the hdd for ssd

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Access recovery options and do a system restore to before the windows update. I've seen some updates cause this error to show up afterwards. Does it say unable to sign into profile and that is loading a generic profile instead?

_Pete_

I know I'm going to get jumped on for saying this but when you do your reinstall don't use a microsoft account. Set it up using an off-line account. Microsoft don't like you doing it because it means they cannot spam you as much but that's tough for them. It doesn't cut out all the spam/scam but it does help.