Wait for the Nvidia G90?

spanky

Or buy an 8800 Ultra in the very near future? What's the likely-hood of the Geforce 9 series be released in November this year? Also wouldn't these cards bring on a new wave of gaming mobos? What to do?

TheOrangeDude

Best solution to that is probably getting an evga ultra some where in september and hope Nvidia would release G90 at november. Gotta love the step up from evga :)

hermeslyre

VIP Member
He said ultra and Evga. All the wasted money won't be so when you get the full credit towards a G90.

It's risky though and I wouldn't go that far. GTX is fine for now, just make sure you get it when you're sure the G90 will be released within 90 days. :/

JzmDjnn

Um... Im kinda new at this :)
Are you saying that um...
if I purchase the 8800GTS within 90days of the G90 series
that I can send it in to eVGA and get credit for a new one?
What if I purchase from eBay?
:)
Thank you as that would be great information for me!

Last edited:

Reneki

The step up to the 9800 sounds good and all, but if you don't have a video card now, or a decent one anyways, whats the point in waiting, might as well get something now. You could still step up 8800 gts -> 8800 gtx, then sell the new gtx, use that cash to buy the 9800.

spanky

The step up to the 9800 sounds good and all, but if you don't have a video card now, or a decent one anyways, whats the point in waiting, might as well get something now. You could still step up 8800 gts -> 8800 gtx, then sell the new gtx, use that cash to buy the 9800.

I can't step up now, I have XFX 7950 GX2 that I bought last september. Only EVGA does the step up anyway. I didn't know about that when I bought my card.

kof2000

radeon 9800pro :D