"Waiting for......"

bbudesa

Just recently, my desktop has been slow in connecting to sites such as this, and I'm given messages at the bottom of the screen like "waiting for", "establishing secure connection", and "site cannot be reached".

Do these appear to be ISP issues, modem/router issues, or possibly caused by an internal bug or virus I picked up?

Yesterday I shut down, and unplugged from the wall. After a while, I plugged back in, and it seemed to run faster and smoother. This morning I went through the same routine, but it doesn't appear to have helped.

Any thoughts?

thx

beers

Staff member
What DNS server are you using? How long does it take to do something like 'nslookup newegg.com' in command prompt?

bbudesa

John - ran speedtest and got 65.78 download, .56 upload, ping 26
Beers - I jumped over to Newegg fairly quickly, but then the text bar in the lower left corner kept reading "trying to connect", and some other BS.

I eventually get to where I want, but sometimes quickly, sometimes I can go fix a sandwich.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try using a different browser. Could have malware in the browser itself like an addon.

bbudesa

Thanks John. I'll do that and report back.

Googling around, I found suggestion:

at command prompt: ipconfig / flush dns

whaddayathink?

Last edited:

bbudesa

Having not heard anything for a while, I gave that command a try, and all seems to be running smoothly, and quickly.

Problem solved.............for now.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear. We don't get notifications that you edited your post. So thats why no reply.