Wake on lan help thorugh router

dark_angel

Hi,
I have a old pc i got from work and want to setup with remote desktop. I have logmein free and got it added. It is connect to my wireless router through lan port. I went into bios and it ad an optin for wake on power or something (different name but looked to be the same as wake on lan. Is their anything i need to do to get it to work?

dark_angel

Doesn't seem to be working though. I've checked it is on in bios. I checked driver options under device manager and wake on power is turned on. When it is turned of the lan port light is on still to say something is connected to it. However when i log in to "logmein" it lists it as offline. and can't switch it on. My work computer works fine and have option to turn on. So i'm thinking i have to do something to get it working through router but what.

Homenet

Hmm, wait... what program are you using to wake on lan? because logmein wont do it right?
You need to use some software to wake on lan.

dark_angel

how do i use software to do it. Googled and got magic packet sender. I put my local ip as hostname then mac in and click send and nothing happens. Tried port forwarding of port 9 to that local ip and nothing. Any help on setting it up is really appreciated

dark_angel

ok got wol working from another pc on the same network using software. Now how can i do it over internet which is what i really want.

tremmor

I got into this from the wan side years ago.
Im sure it had to do with 'LOM', Lights out management.
I do remember i had to jump through hoops to make it happen.

I have past notes i keep in a log file for reference. and this is what it says.

Last edited: