wanna play WoW.

DonMills313

i want the cheapest computer i can get that will play WoW. Im going to build it from scratch, but im a newb and i have no clue what to get. Ive never built a computer but it looks to be pretty straight forward. Id prefer to meet the recommended requirements. This computer is a 256 whatever so it wont play it. Its also an old HP 513c if that conjurs up anything.

DonMills313

i also found an old computer that was built in 94 in my closet. Could i take the memory from it and install it on this computer?

Cpetrie

Well, you would have to ensure compatibility, which, if the computer you want to put the memory in is newer, it likely isn't compatible. Also, I am reasonably sure any parts made in '94 will not play WoW. I suggest going to www.newegg.com and picking out parts from there. If you need help, let me know.

DonMills313

i most definitely need help. I want the cheapest set-up possible for WoW. Its gonna be a dedicated game console. I have this computer for everything else

Cpetrie

I am going to sleep soon, if you would like me to post the hardware to meet the recommended specs let me know, and I'll do it tomorrow.

DonMills313

another question. what would it take to make my stock 513c work. my graphics card is an 82845g/gl. i know i need the extra memory

Cpetrie

Also, that puts you above the recommended requirements for processor, video card, but not for RAM. Personally, I would upgrade that PC to its max, lemme know if you want to know what THAT would entail, it should be fairly cheap...

Cpetrie

Good deal, and good luck, Newegg is wonderful for shipping/returns if you have problems. Otherwise, just post here for support!

DonMills313

thanks. im still a newb at computer stuff. but i figured if i can build a motor and a transmission for my truck, as well as repait the electrical mess from my mazda 929, i can build a computer lol

Cpetrie

Yeah, it's not too menacing after you get in there and move stuff around; however, understanding how the hardware actually works...that's a whole other story.

Cpetrie

The card wouldn't work because, like the AGP card you looked at, it does not have the right connector, that one is PCI Express x16.

The RAM you looked at is also not compatible with your motherboard, you need PC 2100 RAM.

The Hard Drive you looked at has a SATA connection, a slightly newer connection than IDE, which your computer has. You can only use IDE connecting Hard Drives.

Cpetrie

Perhaps your computer has a SATA connection, I am not certain. However, I am certain that an IDE connecting Hard Drive would work. The Hard Drive you are looking at likely is not compatible.