Want new browser do I delete old ?

Flybybirds

I want to get Chrome as my browser. I have firefox 3.6+ now. I have also downloaded internet explorer 8 I believe. I do not use it. Do I download Chrome and then delete firefox and or internet explorer. Will this have any affect on the speed of my computer if I do delete the old ones?

thevil1

I have Chrome and I like it a lot. It's a lot faster then both FF and IE. But their are still many things GC docent have that FF does. Such as Download Helper. I use that a lot on FF. But my main browser for web browsing is Chrome. It all depends on your taste, and what your planning on doing.

bkribbs

It doesn't matter if you delete the old browsers or not. You can, just to free up room on your hard drive, but it won't make that much of a difference.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You can't totally uninstall Internet Explorer from your system as its integrated into the operating system and is required to get windows updates and such. If you uninstall version 8 you will go back to version you had before, such as IE 7 or IE 6.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Like said, its difficult to completly remove IE, even IE8 in 7. Its still somewhat connected to windows explorer. Plus you have updates to think about, there are other ways to get updates but its not worth all the hassle. Best just to leave it and set Chrome as your default.

tremmor

agreed. explorer for updates. nothing the matter with having firefox. dont do nothing unless ya start it up. works well also. its only about 3meg.