Want to build a new PC...

CHRISisENGLISH

I want to build my own desktop PC with my dad but we aren't sure what specs and parts are needed to build our own gaming/high performance PC.

(For example; what shell/case is best, what motherboard type to buy, what fan to buy, what sound components, what graphics card)

So basically if someone could make a list of all the parts needed to build a high performance desktop PC that would be great!

Also: Budget, as cheap as possible but still good quality.

Last edited:

User0one

Start by deciding how Big of a multicore CPU you want & type Intel or AMD.

Then use Pricewatch.com to shop for budget Motherboard for that type CPU.

Once you find a Motherboard, look at exactly what CPUs are compatible from the Motherboard manufacture web site.

Many CPUs come with Fan, but you may want to buy a Bigger or maybe quieter Cooling Fan.

Then use Pricewatch.com to find that type CPU, and Fan.

Then Look for Case you like that fits the size motherboard, example ATX, Micro ATX etc.

Then decide if you want a Gaming Video Card, and shop for one through PriceWatch.com.

You may decide to put the purchase of GPU off for awhile and just use the onboard Video if the Motherboard has the feature.

Then look for Power Supply capable of handling the Power Requirements of the Hardware you choose,

Now decide what type Hard Drive you want, and again Pricewatch.com can help find the best price.

Last edited: