Want to get a new computer but i dont know if its is good.

seanrider

I know a few things about computers and the latest technology but i wanted your opinion on this computer i was thinking of buying from dell(Like is the processor good and so on.) My budget is 1300-1400(including screen) for a desktop. I left out the information which i found to be not important such as the monitor.

XPS 420: intel® Core™2 Q8200 Quad-Core (4MB L2 cache, 2.33GHz, 1333FSB)

Operating system: Vista

Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 DIMMs

Video card: ATI Radeon HD3650 256MB <---------How good is this card?

Hard Drive: 750GB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache

Optical Drive: Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability

Sound Card: Integrated Sound Blaster®Audigy™ HD Software Edition

Also what is No turner?

Thanks

seanrider

Well iv never played a pc game in my life(Besides WOW) so i want to use it to play games(of course) but i feel it deosnt need to be top of the line i just need it to play last years games(excluding crysis lol) and some of the lower requirement games of this year and next year.

sealevel

If you want to spend that much I would build one. If you build one and get familiar with it you will be able to keep it running and current for a good while.

stalker

Well iv never played a pc game in my life(Besides WOW) so i want to use it to play games(of course) but i feel it deosnt need to be top of the line i just need it to play last years games(excluding crysis lol) and some of the lower requirement games of this year and next year.

what size is your monitor? or what size do you plan to get?

seanrider

Is it hard to build a computer iv never done it so i fell more comfortable buying it from a pre made company such as dell(how is the feedback from dell my brother bought his computer from it and he seems very satisfied) Im planning to upgrade m vcard and my ram to 6 gigs after a few months when i have more money. The screen is 24 inches widescreen.

just a noob

building as a computer is much easier than people make it to be, the only real hard part is probably finding drivers for it all, and that isn't that hard either, as for a graphics card, i would recommend an ati 4850 512mb card, and 6gb of ram really isn't necessary

daisymtc

How much is that cost?
I think it cost approx $1000 with inclusive of 24" monitor if you build it yourself

seanrider

So im only spending another 300-400 to get it built for me because im afraid because i have never bulit a computer that i will do a poor job. Once you have the parts how long deose it take to build? Also if i buy it from Dell are they good?

Cire353

Its not as hard as you would think. The most difficult part is picking the parts, but that's not so hard as long as you have guidance. For the putting it together part, just search around Google and Youtube for articles and videos about building computers, I found that a big help.

thatdude

I wouldn't go Dell on a higher end machine like that. Did you ever look into Maingear or Falcon-NW. Maingear has i7 systems starting at $1299 and Falcon-NW's i7 system starts at $2278.52. Both companies are great to deal with, I already purchased from both. Maingear was awarded the best budget gaming pc by CNET for their back to school editorial. This is how I found out about them.

http://www.maingear.com

http://www.falcon-nw.com