Wanted: Broken Logitech G5 Mouse

bomberboysk

The jack isn't the problem though, it's the cord itself that I need to replace. Where it comes out right at the mouse they have it bend 90 degrees and it really messes with the durability of it.

Is it just a small piece at the end of the cord or somewhere near the middle is what i am wondering, as if it is near the end of the cord you can just cut the defective part away and reconnect the good part. Otherwise, you could try using just a standard usb cable.

Egon

The problem is about 2-3 inches from the jack. There is more then enough cord left. But there are two problems, one, the cord's sheath is knit, it's not made out of plastic. If I cut it the whole outside unravels unless I tape all around it. Two, I'm not that great at soldering.

fade2green514

i have an old G5 laser mouse, and the button double clicks when you try to click it once.

id be willing to ship it to you for $15 + shipping and handling. it works fine except for the left mouse button. i upgraded to a G7 shortly after the button stopped working.

Egon

I replied to your PM before I checked the topic. Might we try to bargain? The last broken G5 I bought was for $8 shipping included.

Last edited: