Wanted: Phenom II /Athlon II x2/x3/x4/x6

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Hey guys,

Looking for a cheap replacement for my Athlon 64 x2 in my testrig.
Since the little Athlon seems to have a voltage limit and a wall at 3.25GHz, I can't reach the performance I want.

If it's a x2/x3 version, please make sure it is able to unlock to 4 without problems like instability or excessive temps/voltage.

You have one laying around somewhere, let me know!

Grtz,

Smile

Ps: I live in Europe, Belgium.

Darren

Staff member
I'd be willing to sell it but not sure how to go about shipping and payment. Also not sure if it's even worth it all the way across the pond.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I'd be willing to sell it but not sure how to go about shipping and payment. Also not sure if it's even worth it all the way across the pond.

Aah yes, I forgot about that...
I'm damn sure that most people on this forum live in the US.

(It should be worth it if you gave it for free excl. shipping :p)

PCunicorn

I don't think anybody here lives close enough to Belgium for shipping to be worth it sadly. Did you check Amazon and eBay?

Jiniix

I live in Denmark, and I might have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ 3.2GHz AM2 lying around.
I have that Phenom II X2 555 with, originally, an ASUS M4N68T. Had the Athlon in the ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe, which I used to overclock for the benchmark as well as gaming.
So I have the Athlon and M4N68T lying around unused, since they don't match.
I haven't been able to check if the Athlon can be unlocked to anything else than a dual core.
And I will probably switch them back one day, but hell, might be smart to get rid of some the older stuff (It's probably the oldest component I have).
Also, I have no idea what shipping will cost, not a clue.

A little info on the CPU:
It uses around 1.4-1.425v at complete stock settings (3.2GHz)
Never had it overclocked. Decided to do it once, but then I just swapped it out with the Phenom instead.
Always been cooled well with a third party OEM heatsink in it's original AlienWare case or in a Coolermaster Elite 430 :)

Edit: Checked the major shipping services (GLS, DHL etc) and the shipping price seems to be $25-$37.

Last edited:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I got an Athlon 64 x2 5000+ atm, so I'm not interested in your athlon since yours is just an higher clocked version + can't unlock..

Do you sell that Phenom x2?

Hey guys,

Looking for a cheap replacement for my Athlon 64 x2 in my testrig.
Since the little Athlon seems to have a voltage limit and a wall at 3.25GHz, I can't reach the performance I want.

If it's a x2/x3 version, please make sure it is able to unlock to 4 without problems like instability or excessive temps/voltage.

You have one laying around somewhere, let me know!

Grtz,

Smile

Ps: I live in Europe, Belgium.
I have an AMD 455 Triple Core. I ran it with an ASUS MB. It's not overclocked. I'll let you do the research unless you already know what you need to know. $13 or $14 doesn't seem like much money. What if I asked you to pay the shipping? I would like to make a few cents off the deal but I'm not in it for the money(Excuse me, I just heard a loud snapping sound coming from what I think was my computer, but nothing has happened to my screen yet. Maybe, it doesn't like my talking about money). I was saying, I think I paid about $79.99 for the thing way back when. I don't know what Belgian currency is. Are you American?

Virssagòn

VIP Member
The Athlon II x3 455 right?
Our currency is in euros here in Belgium (Europe)
How much do you ask excl. the shipping?
You already checked the chip is working?

The Athlon II x3 455 right?
Our currency is in euros here in Belgium (Europe)
How much do you ask excl. the shipping?
You already checked the chip is working?
Right. It's called a Rana.
Oh yeah. I knew that. The currency is Euros.
It's not worth anything much to me. I would ask the shipping and maybe a dollar more. Let's say $15 in toto.
It was working when I took it out of my computer whenever that was. I set it aside in my safe. I have it safely packaged in one of those plastic boxes AMD sends them in with the gray cushion. It's used of course, but not much---in mint condition. It's not worth my taking it out of the plastic box and testing it in one of my computers. If you want it as is sight unseen you can have it for $15. I trust that it works.
Are you an American?

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I'm not an American.
That would be a great deal!
Send me all the info I need, I'll answer your pm with the info you need.