Wanting to upgrade cd/dvd drive

Cjmr2008

New Member
I have a emachine desktop i bought off craigslist and currently am in the middle of swapping some hardware on it. It came with Xp sp3 but put 7 ultimate on it and so far so good. Im about to put in an additional 2gb ram and change the cd drive to a lightscribe. It currently has a label flash drive and its useless to me seeing how i cant find any label flash cds!! Question I have is do all cd drives have the same connection or are they diff? Heres the model #EL1300G02W i have if that helps. Thanks in advance, oh yea any one know where I can find a firewire card for a SFF? and whats the diff in PCI and PCIE?
 
Last edited:
what do you mean by same connection, I've heard of labelflash but I dont know anyone with one... Lightscribe cdrs are cheap and so are the drives... I dont know what you mean / Whats SFF and PCI-E is modern, pci is becoming obsolete because of its speed.

I'm not sure if I helped you at all, I just saw no one has responded to you
 
thanks for replying, i meant all the connections on the back of the drive. Can i just go buy any internal drive or does it have to be specific? sorry not real bright in this area haha and im looking for a firewire card for my desktop its a small form factor and all i can find are the firewire cards for the bigger towers
 
no there is ide or sata. i assume it's ide due to it being a used emachines, but here's the difference.

IDE_SATA.jpg

ide on left, sata on right. look in it and see which it has.
 
ahh theres my answer!!! ok its SATA thanks alot!! now do you know where i can find a firewire card for a small tower?lol
 
Back
Top