sassoldier
New Member
Hi. I am wanting to upgrade my computer a bit, to make it more powerful for gaming and just to speed it up in general. Now, I have my eye on a new CPU (AMD Phenom X3 8450 or X4 9550, depends on my budget) and a new Video Card (Most likely a GeForce 8800 GT). But my problem is: I don't know if my motherboard will support these parts. I'm not exactly up to date with building computers so I'm not really sure what to look for in a motherboard. My first problem would be, I'm not sure what kind of motherboard I have exactly. I know it is an ASUS but that is about it. So I suppose figuring out what it is would be the first step, then I need to know if it can support what I am wanting. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.