"wars"... What are all of them? Firlware, spyware, exc.

In the computer world you see the word "wear" all the time. Firmware, spyware, malware, software, hardware, flashware exc. Well where can I find a list of all the different types of "wears" there are. Like firmware for example. I dont know what that is.

PC eye

banned
Let's make a basic list right here. How's that sound?

FIRMWARE=Hardwares

SPYWARE=spybots, browser hijackers, data collectors of personal data, etc.

MALWARE=rather vicious programming with the intent to disrupt normal operating systems, browser hijacking included, trojan downloaders that create new startups to download other "uninvited and unwanted" guests.

SOFTWARE=Windows is a large graphical user interface(GUI) application itself, pc games, any program you install is a form of, etc.

FLASHWARE=usb flash drives/devices, etc.

Let's make a basic list right here. How's that sound?

FIRMWARE=Hardwares

SPYWARE=spybots, browser hijackers, data collectors of personal data, etc.

MALWARE=rather vicious programming with the intent to disrupt normal operating systems, browser hijacking included, trojan downloaders that create new startups to download other "uninvited and unwanted" guests.

SOFTWARE=Windows is a large graphical user interface(GUI) application itself, pc games, any program you install is a form of, etc.

FLASHWARE=usb flash drives/devices, etc.
Well I already knew what all of those other then firmware was. And there is some type of difference between firmware and hardware. I just dont know what it is. I am looking for a FULL detailed list that has everything in it.

To learn. I joined the Navy as a IT so I need to know this info anyway. So next time someone says something about a "wear" I am not currently fimmilar with, I will know what they are talking about.

lovely?

i see.
well, there arent really many "ware's ", but the ones that pc-eye laid out are basically the only ones that you'll ever hear