Water Cooling and Cases

shawy14

I am going to be building a new computer soon and want a new case and a water cooling kit. I dont know where to start though, i will be using a intel core 2 duo E6600 and i would like to overclock it. Please keep it under £150 but i would pay £200 if i had to. Also i would like a water cooling kit which i put together my self. ( i like doing stuff like that )

oscaryu1

VIP Member
I'm not sure they come that cheap... it depends on you too, do you just want a really quiet system or do oyu wanna overclock? I'm pretty sure you can overclock quite a bit if you have enough case fans and good thermal paste

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
You'd need a crazy pump for that, all the pressure drops across all those blocks, it's got water cooling on the voltage regulators for crying out loud. They can get hot but damn.

As for building your own water setup, look around at parts; most have been reviewed, so it's not too hard to pick good ones. Swiftech and DangerDen blocks are pretty good. I used an Asetek block which was quite good especially for the price. I also had an Italian made pump, a Sacem L35, it was crap and died fast. From this I learned that you buy German or go home :D Eheim makes great pumps and you can just leave them plugged in and running 24/7, they are designed for outdoor ponds and such. The Eheim I had (1046 I think) made as close to no noise as possible, even when air bubbles moved through it, you could barely hear it.

Once you have the block and pump picked out, it's really just a matter of getting tubing and putting it together. You don't need a reservoir if you buy a T-line connector. If you do get a water cooling setup remember to cold test/bleed it for at least 24 hours after the first filling. You don't want electricity running in there until you know it's not leaking. If it does leak, don't worry just give the electronics 24 hours to dry and they will be fine.

CG man

I use Zaleman Reserator water cooler had one water block on the GPU and one on the CPU it is 100% silent cools the lot with 2.5 litres of water and makes your computer look nucklear powered.