water cooling

Charles_Lee

would $100 be enough money to get my self a good water cooling?
i live in canada by the way, can't order anything from new eggs.

TheChef

USD or CAN?

Now that I think of it, either way, probably not, unless you got some really really good deals. You are probably only going to find budget parts or kits for that.

Charles_Lee

oh ic, can $100 i meant,
um, my friend wrote in one of my posts that $100 would not be enough for a proper water cooling.
i just wanted to confirm and see if there are any for cheaper price

and... what about the water cooling kits that only cools the cpu? it seemed fairly cheap.

Last edited:

TheChef

Kits are generally not going to give you the same performance of making our own with some nice parts, say Danger Den or something. If you look, you can find some good kits, however, probably not for as cheap as 200CAN though.

Charles_Lee

oh, thats sad,
if i were to "make" my own water cooling,
how do i start doing that?
i have no idea how the water cooling works...

Fuzz

You have to get the following:
-Water Blocks for what ever you want to cool (ie CPU, GPU, etc.)
-Pump
-Resivor
-Radiator
-Tubing
-Coolant

Danger Den parts arnt very cheap. The one I built out of Danger Den parts came out to about $620.00 (USD).

Mr.Suave

y do you want water cooling?...its already cold up there in Canada...and a good water cooling is expensive. if you go cheap, your just taking a huge risk that it might leak and ruin your whole system...plus if you have water cooling you have to miantain it..by checking for leaks once in a while and replacing/refilling the water, ever so often.

Chris Chan

Mr. Suave has a very valid point, I would recommend a good air cooling setup, that can get you temps as good as water with lots less mantainance.

Geoff

VIP Member
Water cooling is very expensive, the cheapest kit i've seen was around $135 USD, and it was only for the CPU and GPU.

joelkyr

Mr.Suave said:
your just taking a huge risk that it might leak and ruin your whole system...
thats how u advance...u take the risk. As long as u know what ur doing and u have enough knowledge, you'll be fine.
Mr.Suave said:
plus if you have water cooling you have to miantain it..by checking for leaks once in a while and replacing/refilling the water, ever so often.
maintenance is not that hard to do.....thats part of it, even your whole system needs maintenace, right?:)

Xycron

banned
You can get a complete kit for 100$ US money, it wont be a huge great one, but a semi-decent one.

And the only way its going to break open and ruin your system is if your Stupid, or DUMB, pip's need to be properly seal'ed in proper envirornment's.

As lopng as installed correctly, you have a risk as big as your fan stopping and your CPu overheating,...

P11

VIP Member
Mr.Suave said:
y do you want water cooling?...its already cold up there in Canada...and a good water cooling is expensive. if you go cheap, your just taking a huge risk that it might leak and ruin your whole system...plus if you have water cooling you have to miantain it..by checking for leaks once in a while and replacing/refilling the water, ever so often.
Cold up here in Canada? We live in Toronto which is practically further into the USA than New york city is. Our climate is just like chicago or michigan.

P11

VIP Member
Fuzz said:
So basicly its cold.
No basically we havent had any snow this winter, everyday its about 6 degrees celcius. During the summer we are sometimes hotter than L.A or Florida.