Waterproof motherboard?

flame1117

banned
I have an idea, make a fishtank, then have the PC BEHINDE the fishtank so it looks like its inside, you know like those fishtank backrounds.

SwetnK

you could always put an oil in the case instead (no fish then lol). I've seen a computer fully submerged in oil before and I thought it was quite neat...

Archangel

VIP Member
I dont think a pc inside the aquarium itself is going to work. fish cant stand big temperature variances very well (at least, as far as I know they dont. ) and if the pc would be used for quite a wile, the water would warm up for sure!
YOu can waterproof most of the bits tough with plastic spray. (its a spray that puts a plasic coat on PCB's and Components. I use it for electronic speed controllers in my rc cars, so they are a bit better protected against water. this however wopuld still leave a problem of the CPU socket, and all otehr connections on the motherboard.

Candy

hey.............i realy wnt to know about ur idea...
which books r u preferring 4 this waterproof motherboard

Just remember this is a very old thread so you might not get a response from the OP.

If it were possible, as far as fish and the water temperature, I dont think it would be a problem because if you get tropical fish they are used to and need warmer water. The only thing would be the point Archangel raised about varying temperature, I dont think they would like this, you would need to find some way to regulate the temperature.